Common Appointment Fees (2020-2021):
- $260* – Standard Appointment (50 minutes)
- Standard Appointments are scheduled by default unless other arrangements have been made.
- $377* – Extended Appointments (90 minutes)
- Extended Appointments of 90 minutes are scheduled when it is expected that additional time will be required. They are typically scheduled for diagnostic assessments, when multiple (two or more) people will attend, for partner or family member appointments, or if a longer appointment time is requested.
- An Extended Appointment is sometimes scheduled as a “one off” when only a single appointment is required. This may be for parents wanting to discuss their child (of any age), for people wanting a second opinion regarding diagnosis, or for those wishing to discuss ADHD or other concerns without scheduling ongoing therapy.
- The Initial Appointment is always scheduled as an Extended Appointment to allow enough time to discuss key issues and identify next steps.
All fees are payable by cash or credit card at the time of the appointment (credit card billing and Medicare claims are processed by Halaxy). Appointments of 50 minutes or longer with an appropriate Mental Health Care Plan referral are eligible for a Medicare rebate.
A limited number of reduced fee appointments ($151.05 for Standard Appointments, $260 for Extended Appointments) are available each week. Priority for these times is given to existing clients experiencing hardship, to young people without parental support and to holders of a current Health Care Card concession. If you require a fee reduction, please ask about availability when requesting an appointment as these times are usually allocated well in advance.
Please note that reduced fees are not available for Initial Appointments.
Please give at least 24 hours notice (or one business day) if you need to cancel or postpone an appointment or the full appointment fee will be charged. Note that Medicare rebates cannot be claimed for missed appointments.
Listed below are some of the key forms used by Tim. They are presented here for your information and originals will be supplied as required. Please feel free to contact Tim if you have any questions regarding their use.
Statement of Informed Consent – The purpose of this form is to help you decide whether you want to continue meeting with Tim and which information you wish to share. It is usually reviewed and signed at the beginning of the initial consultation. It summarises why information is collected and how it is stored; explains your rights to access that information and what you can do if you are not satisfied; outlines the limits of confidentiality; and describes standard session fees and the cancellation policy.
This form is currently being revised. The link above is to the old version, the updated version will be available soon.
Client Information – This is the form used to record basic contact and payment information.
Information exchange consent form – This form is used to document when permission has been given for Tim to share information with someone else (such as a GP or teacher). It notes with whom information can be shared, what can be discussed and for how long permission is given.